Tour Period: 12 Days
* Explore the remote valley town and village
* Visit centers for medicine, traditional arts and handicrafts
* Travel to a sacred monastery 3000ft above the valley
* See where past kings were cremated
* Admire the beauty of the burning lake in Ura
Bhutan is a peaceful country nestled between the Himalayas, where Buddhism dominates, traditions prevail, and happiness is valued more than wealth. Its pristine landscape will be the backdrop to one of the most memorable 12 days of your life, while we explore Bhutan’s main towns and the more remote valley villages. You’ll learn about Bhutan’s customs and spiritual beliefs while visiting the National Museum and the Institute for Zorig Chusum, and visit fortresses and temples that are revered throughout the country. We’ll head to Bumthang, where you’ll see some of the oldest monasteries in Bhutan, including Kurjey, where all the kings are cremated. You’ll also have some free time to explore the striking Wangdue district before heading back to Paro for a hike to the sacred Taktsang Monastery.