Position: Manager – Spanish Speaking Market
Department: Diethelm Travel Thailand Reservations
Directly Reports to: Head of Reservations – Diethelm Travel Thailand
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
To manage and support the Spanish Speaking Market inbound operation teams and maximise on quote & sales conversions. Identify and develop product opportunities for Diethelm Travel Group and leverage all sales tools and programs to maximise revenues from the source markets. The position will be required for candidates to conduct themselves in accordance with Diethelm Travel Group policies and procedures, ensuring that a professional and high level of service is maintained.
- Lead and support the operation teams with daily bookings and quotation requests in written and verbal Spanish.
- Prepare itineraries and (group) quotations on ad-hoc basis both in English and Spanish.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed with regards to Travel Studio’s system features.
- In consultation with the Key Account Director in charge
- Develop new business opportunities to enhance revenue opportunities for DTG accounts.
- Develop clear strategies by account in Key feeder Market.
- Participate in relevant trade shows and promotional events.
- Set joint objectives and goals with the Head of Reservations/MD with clear time frames and measures performance against objectives.
- Monitor accounts performances and make adjustment when necessary.
- Maintain strong communication within DTG of companies.
- Work with Marketing Department to ensure product content is communicated to DTG clients.
- Train staff on clients and their customers
- Train staff on our products that have been developed for our customers
- Ensure turnaround times of quotes and reservations are within SLA’s
- Ensure errors are kept within KPI’s
- Manage performance within the team
- Develop the team and build a succession plan whilst identifying and rewarding top performers
- Be the expert for your market and understand our key clients and their customer’s needs
- Understand the competitive environment of each market
- Build creativity within the team to deliver the best tailor-made itineraries
- Attend product training and some supplier meetings
- Control the cost and error rates across the department contributing to profit protection
- Create reports to monitor sales made
- Create reports to monitor conversion levels and turnaround times
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience of working in similar positions at other inbound DMC’s or outbound agencies focusing on the Latin & South American source markets.
- Has proven knowledge of the tourism products available within South East Asia.
- Can demonstrate a high working knowledge of business English & Spanish language in writing, reading and speaking.
- Possess good sales techniques and negotiation skills.
- Be passionate and have the drive and determination to meet/exceed set goals.
- Possess customer-handling techniques.
- Able to co-ordinate work processes in a systematic manner.
- Must possess a patient, pleasant personality.
- Comfortable in dealing with all levels of people.
- Thai nationality
- Requires excellent command and communication skills.
- Requires excellent command and communication skills both in English & Spanish
- Strong negotiation and administration skills.
- Leadership ability and team work skills.
- Convey a high level of understanding of the importance of attention to detail.
- Ensure accuracy by verifying work against standards or input of others.
- Take extra steps to ensure work is completed on time.
- Actively participate as a team player to ensure unit cohesion.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Meets assigned expectations based on given KPI’s
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defines by company management.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction rating that meet company standards.
- Provides information to meet client’s requirements.
- Respond to and follow up all customer requests in a timely manner
- Maintain professionalism at all times
- Recognized by peer group and Head of Reservations as a contributor
- Works professionally with peer group and others to ensure that team and organizational goals are attained.
- Identifies simple problems and select simple solutions.
- Copes effectively when faced with day-to-day problems.
- May search and collect source data for reference.
- Works effectively with colleagues in own group.
- Takes some time to accept and adapt to new procedures or guidelines.
- Adjusts behaviors when advised.
- Attempts to acquire new knowledge and skills when needed.
- Applies newly learned knowledge and skills when situations requires.
- Applies learning from own experience to ensure continuous professional development and improvement