Department: Diethelm Travel Group
Directly Reports: Group Director of Sales & General Manager – Group Services
Sales Manager of Diethelm Travel Group is responsible for establishing and growing the designated markets across 13 countries in South East Asia where Diethelm Travel Group is present. The position will be required for candidates to conduct themselves in accordance with Diethelm Travel Group policies and procedures, ensuring that a professional and high level of service is maintained.
Duties & Responsibilties
- In charge of all sales activities within Diethelm Travel Group for designated markets.
- Working closely with the management to put in place budget targets and successfully achieve the set goals.
- Conduct market analysis and evaluate competitors’ practices.
- Building up the long-term relationship with key accounts and constantly continuing to maximize sales opportunities.
- Responsible for the effective expansion of clients’ portfolio – new business pitches, agent contracts including commercials.
- Reviewing and updating product offerings via the DT country offices in order to be the leader on the market and amongst competition.
- Acting as the key link between the customer and all relevant divisions within the company.
- Handling customer feedback and complains including emergency situations.
- Developing and delivering product presentations and updates.
- Planning, organising and participating in educational trips.
- Participating in the international trade shows as well as developing and conducting sales calls on the regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned by Diethelm Travel Group management.
- At least 3 years of experience working in similar positions or inbound agencies, focusing both on Western and Asian markets.
- A high working knowledge of business English language (writing, reading and speaking) as well as at least 2 other languages, Mandarin is preferred.
- Possess good sales techniques and negotiation skills.
- Be passionate and have the drive and determination to meet/exceed set goals.
- Possess customer-handling techniques.
- Able to co-ordinate work processes in a systematic manner.
- Must possess a patient, pleasant personality.
- Comfortable in dealing and communicating with all levels of people, including staff/management position and cultural background.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Requires excellent command and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and administration skills.
- Leadership ability and team work skills.
- Convey a high level of understanding of the importance of attention to detail.
- Ensure accuracy by verifying work against standards or input of others.
- Take extra steps to ensure work is completed on time.
- Actively participate as a team player to ensure unit cohesion.
- Able to work under pressure
- Demonstrate positive initiative and ownership of tasks
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Meets assigned expectations based on given goals and targets.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction rating that meet company standards.
- Provides information to meet client’s requirements.
- Respond to and follow up all customer requests in a timely manner
- Maintain professionalism at all times
- Able to build good working relationships
- Works professionally with peer group and others to ensure that team and organizational goals are attained.
- Identifies simple problems and select simple solutions.
- Copes effectively when faced with day–to–day problems.
- May search and collect source data for reference.
- Works effectively with colleagues in own group.
- Takes some time to accept and adapt to new procedures or guidelines.
- Adjusts behaviors when advised.
- Attempts to acquire new knowledge and skills when needed.
- Applies newly learned knowledge and skills when situations requires.
- Applies learning from own experience to ensure continuous professional development and improvement.