Work type: Full time
Directly Reports to: General Manager
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Diethelm Travel Thailand is expanding and we are looking for the right person to join our journey.
We are looking for a Reservations & Sales Manager who will lead and develop the sales and reservations teams within Thailand in cooperation with and under the direction of the General Manager. S/He will involve driving the expansion of sales to generate growth in both sales and service, ensure quality service and the maximization of profitability, account retention and advise on approaches to product development for key accounts.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Work with the General Manager to develop a yearly sales plan and communicate & cascade goals, targets and action plans.
- Work closely with Product & Contracting Department to develop and maintain content of itineraries, brochures and print materials.
- Developing and delivering product presentations and updates.
- Responsible for the effective expansion of clients’ portfolio – new business pitches and procurement.
- Reviewing and updating product offerings in order to be the leader on the market and amongst competition.
- Oversee management of reservations teams including revenue targets, conversion analysis and account retention
- Management and building up the long-term relationship with key accounts and constantly continuing to maximize sales opportunities.
- Making reservations for all hotels, tours and transfers in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparing documents such as vouchers, itineraries, air tickets and train tickets
- Arranging tour programmes and making quotations including checking fares and costs
- Collecting money from non-credit customers
- Inputting data to the relevant systems
- Handling customer feedback and complains including emergency situations.
Adding value to the business:
- Working in a professional manner with all internal and external clients
- Responding promptly and courteously to customer requests
- Excellent organization skills
- A willingness to share expertise and knowledge with all reservation teams
- Excellent telephone manner and communications skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Possess good sales techniques and negotiation skills.
- Be passionate and have the drive and determination to meet/exceed set goals.
- Possess customer-handling techniques.
- Able to co-ordinate work processes in a systematic manner.
- Must possess a patient, pleasant personality.
- Communicate clearly with suppliers and staff, both Thai and International
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Leadership ability and team work skills.
- Convey a high level of understanding of the importance of attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation and administration skills.
- Preferably degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- At least 5 years of work experience in reservation or similar in tourism industry.
- Excellent command in English, German, French or Spanish both written and spoken (native speakers preferred)
- Good PC skills including MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good decision making, good analytical skill
- Ensure accuracy by verifying work against standards or input of others.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure.