Position: Group Account Payable
Department: Finance & Accounting
Directly Reports to: Group Managing Director-Finance and Dot Line to DTT’s Managing Director
Working as a direct report to the Group Managing Director, Finance and responsible for a team of 6 staff. To effectively provide good cooperation with all departments within Diethelm Travel Thailand Limited and among Inter-Group companies of Diethelm Affiliates and the Head Office in Switzerland and UK. Responsible for managing the day- to- day checking operations, payment to all trade suppliers includes the cost accounting recording and reporting. The major responsibility of this position is to ensure that the Standard cost and Actual cost Vs Sales are properly maintained.
For Diethelm Travel (Thailand) Limited
- Account Payable Maintenance, Control and Reconciliation.
- Sales reporting and reconciliation
- Standard cost maintenance, reporting and reconciliation
- Variance cost maintenance, reporting and reconciliation
- Checking for all Trade payable transactions to ensure that the correct payment are made on time or as per plan.
- Complete all reporting deliverables in accordance with pre-defined group reporting deadlines
- Managing interaction of Checking & Payment transactions with General Ledger and Trial Balance.
- Managing interaction of Variance transactions with General Ledger and Trial Balance
- Responsibility for communication & solution to ensure that the big variance be reported and aware to related persons
- Keep record of invoicing from Trade vendors/ suppliers and payment records are put into system correctly and per correct time.
- To assist and co-operation to Group Finance & Accounting /Group AR in gathering data for required reports and provide the accurate accounting data to co-ordinate to success for Management Reports
- Plan and delegate proper assignments to Checking staff and evaluate efficiencies
- Follow up all works in the Checking process in order to make sure that all flow smooth and correct payment to Trade suppliers are on time
- To advise and propose solutions to problems raised as per requested by other departments.
- To co-ordinate with related department to ensure that the standard & actual cost is recorded in proper manner and the correct data are update and recorded.
- Review and complete for Month End period closing Sales, Standard cost, Actual cost in CANARY and extracting into the Accounting software to produce the requirement reports.
- Review and complete for Month End, quarterly, annual period sales closing and reporting.
- Reconciliation Cost of Goods Sold of Travel Studio before posting into GL.
- Compare Standard Cost and Actual cost to ensure the correct gross profit figure available for And also raise with Executive if any issues may have.
- Produce high quality work output to required standards
- Providing & Preparation all relevant information required in the budget & forecast preparation process
- Providing Sales & Costs financial information to the management, evaluate performance by using budget or latest estimate as tool of measurement.
- Work closely with the Group Finance & Accounting/ Group AR and Group Commercial Finance Analyst
- Assisting with other ad hoc tasks as and where needed and directed by the Group Managing Director, Finance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities – Finance and Accounting
For Regional Units (The Units)
- Lawson Training
- Sales and Costs and Variance Training to units
- Pool payment from possible units to be paid via BKK office
- To be part of Lawson team to automate cross checking and payment process for all units
- Act in a key support role for the Group MD, Finance in projects as they arise
- Liaison with the parent company answering ad hoc queries
- Must have experience of managing a large team and divisional units both Thailand and countries in oversea
- Needs to have varied and continued experience of Excel.
- Knowledge of Lawson, Hyperion, Coda and Cognos Reporting would be an advantage
- At least six years post qualification professional services experience
- Substantial experience in busy and progressive business which includes the tasks of monthly reporting, annual budgets preparation, financial modelling, cash flow reporting and experience using accounting computer systems
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment
- Strong IFRS background
- High level of analytical skill and ability to think outside of the squire
- Project Management skills to deliver accurate, high quality work outputs to deadlines and to required standards
- High standard of communication skill (both written and verbal)
- This position may require some local and international travel
- You must comply with company policies and procedures including workplace legislation