Position: Finance Manager
Department: Finance & Accounting Department
Directly Reports to: Group Managing Director-Finance and Dot Line to Diethelm Travel Malaysia’s Managing Director
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Working as a direct report to the Group Managing Director, Finance and responsible for a team of circa 7 staff. This covers Management and Financial Accounting, Tax and all Regulatory Compliance. Effectively manage and provide good co-operation with Corporate Office in Switzerland and UK. Effectively managing and make sure all good and correct data are recorded and reported to the Group MD, Finance and the Managing Director of Diethelm Travel Malaysia Sdn Bhd (DTM) Must understand and always improve internal control to manage related operation issues, results and also if any tax exposures of company may have. Must understand and always improve the utilization of available Software Applications. Must be flexible, able to meet tight deadlines, need limited supervision and have initiative in solving problems and expanding their role. Good communication skills will be essential due to involvement with all levels of the company. All responsibilities below relate to DTM and both branches and also to work & support other regional units. Overall look after and support Diethelm Travel (Singapore) Ltd. (DTS).
- Responsible for management and financial accounting and reporting
- Complete all reporting deliverables in accordance with pre-defined group reporting deadlines
- Produce high quality work output to required standards
- Responsible for producing Management Reporting packs, including a balance sheet and cash flow forecast, on a monthly basis.
- Annual accounting reporting packs for audit purposes.
- Full Statutory Annual accounts preparation, audit and submission to all local regulatory bodies including Diethelm’s Finance manual
- Regular and timely submissions of monthly VAT returns, monthly Inter-Company statements and annual Corporation tax returns.
- Responsibility for all tax returns, reporting and settlement.
- Responsibility for all tax interaction, negotiation with the Revenue Department for the best benefits of the Company
- Providing & Preparation all relevant information required in the budget & forecast preparation process.
- Providing financial information to the management, evaluate performance by using budget or latest estimate as tool of measurement.
- Responsible for the documenting of and compliance with Internal Control System (ICS), and monthly sign-off of this and full control compliance to Group.
- Responsibility for compliance within the Travel Industry regulatory framework, and reporting to industry bodies (IATA, CAA, ABTA) for any regular or ad hoc requirements.
- Cheque signatory for the Company
- Managing interaction of source systems with the finance package (TM 1 or Lawson).
- Work closely with Group MD, Finance and Head of Finance in Regional units
- Work closely with Group AP , Group AR and Group Commercial Finance Analyst
- Assisting with other ad hoc tasks as and where needed and directed by the Group Managing Director, Finance for DTM & DTS, Regional Office and Corporate Office
Checking & Costing
- To ensure that the proper control and good system in place in Checking & Costing control
- To ensure that all payment to suppliers are correct and the good analytical discrepancy between the standard and the actual costs are executed effectively.
- Providing relevant information required in Checking & Payment process
- Responsibility for all Tax returns, Tax reporting and Tax settlement.
- Responsibility for all related reconciliations
- Managing interaction of Checking & Payment transactions with General Ledger and Trial Balance.
- Managing interaction of Variance transactions with General Ledger and Trial Balance
- Responsibility for communication & solution to ensure that the big variance be reported and aware to related persons
- Assisting with the Checking & Costing team with other ad hoc tasks as and where needed and directed by the Group MD, Finance.
- To raise and initiate costs wise/maximum return by using ABC (Activities Base Cost Analysis)
Credit Department & Cash Management & Cashier Function
- Providing relevant information required in Debts Collection and Credit Control.
- Providing relevant information required in managing Inter-Company accounts
- Handle Debts collection as per credit term
- Responsibility to manage in Debts collection within efficiency Debtor Days.
- Responsibility for all Tax returns, Tax reporting and Tax settlement.
- Responsibility for all accounting record and reconciliation for Inter-Company accounts
- Responsibility for all Cash flow planning and control to maximum benefits and minimizing financing costs.
- Work closely with Group AR and Group AP to facilitate Cash management and management of foreign exchange exposures
- Responsibility for all Inter-Group money transfer be recorded properly, correctly and comply with tax laws
- Ensure to manage Cashier function to run in appropriate manner, effective and honest.
- Ensure that all of appropriate and proper control in place in Debts Collection, Credit control, Credit review and Spot cash check on weekly basis.
- Develop Cashier function to be in more efficiency and in more benefits and align with new banking systems
- To deal & negotiate with all bankers, to consider for improvement of banking system to create value to the business and also maintain good relationships with banks.
- To deal & negotiate with banks for Hedging & Forwarding contracts, Short term loan, Short term investment of excess funds and recommend sound financial policies to the company
- To be ready and responsible when be assigned to perform projects assigned by Group Managing Director, Group Managing Director, Finance, Managing Director or Management Team
- Responsibility for training, developing staff for more understanding in tax and accounting knowledge both in theory and real practice for their better performance.
- Build and Remain good relationship with all bankers, to consider for improvement of banking system to create value to the business and also maintain good relationships with banks.
- Trust worthiness
- Mutual respect
- Continuous improvement
- Customer obsessed
- University Degree in Accounting (Major), ACCA qualification is preferable
- Must have at least 5-7 years post qualification professional services experience.
- Substantial experience in busy and progressive business which includes the tasks of monthly reporting, annual budgets preparation, financial modeling, cash flow reporting and experience using accounting computer systems
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment
- Strong IFRS background
- High level of analytical skill and ability to think outside of the square
- Project management skills to deliver accurate, high quality work outputs to deadlines and to require standards
- Must have experience of managing a team at least of 10 subordinates before
- Needs to have varied and continued experience of Excel and MS Office applications
- Knowledge of Lawson, Hyperion, Coda and Cognos Reporting would be an advantage
- High proficiency in English language both speaking and writing
- Strong ability to successfully negotiate with customers and suppliers
- High standard of communication skills (both written and verbal)
Short term objectives (3-6 months from July 1-2016)
- Study nature of business, structure & organization chart of company/ Finance Department
- Induction program to meet with MD, managers of all departments
- Study nature of business via old reports and Trail Balance and also study all related tax, accounting, rules & regulations which applicable for Tourism business
- Visit Sabah and Sarawak offices to meet with Office manager and Finance team
- Visit BKK office to meet with team in BKK and attend training with Group MD, Finance and Lawson
- Study Accounting Entries and Monthly Report
- Complete Month end closing and Monthly Reports with Mr. Alex
- Handle every day operation in Finance and Accounting aspect
- Communicate with Bank and if any Bank signatories changed may need
- Communicate with related government or tax units and handle if any registration change may need.
- Took over Lawson implementation from Mr. Alex lines and new reports requirement
- Visit Sabah/Sarawak/Singapore and Set up Singapore both related system and accounting to be ready according with coming restructure project
- Form up and Communication to work well with Unit’s MD, all team members in KL and also team in BKK including Group MD, Finance, Group Finance & Accounting, Group AP, Group AR, Group Commercial Finance Analyst e.g. monthly meeting with MD and Management team in KL and monthly meeting with team in BKK etc.
Long term objectives (6-12 months from July 1-2016)
- Study and propose if any new change may need in Finance department
- Ensure that Lawson run smoothly with Travel Studio and GST system
- Develop & Alteration system and procedures in more effective & smarter way
- Take over Debts Collection and work closely with Group AR in interaction for data for their collection
- Take cover Cash Management
- Overview and Support – Singapore Unit